Sep 8, 2009

Oh my - things I wanna try (and some known recipes)!


...and I mean ASAP! (wo-)MAN these look great!

I'm not really sure why I torture myself like this....surfing around on the internet when I just KNOW I will be finding all these deliciously looking treasures? Aaah well.... Finding these will in real life will be an adventure for sure ;))

To the right is a new-comer from Ben & Jerry's called "Flipped out" which is basically fudge ice cream and brownies.....this makes me drewl and wonder WHEN ARE THEY COMING TO SWITZERLAND??

Going slowly into fall and chillier climate naturally makes me think of warmer drinks which for me then naturally makes me think: Starbucks! (STAAARABUX which I willingly admit that I love!
Seriously? Their Caramel soy latte is the BEST!)... How delicious doesn't this sound??
"Enjoy a traditional blend of autumn flavours in our Pumpkin Spice Latte"?
Oh yes Starbucks - you have no idea how much I want to!! ...but there is just one tiiiny little problem....
I WANT A SHOP IN SCHAFFHAUSEN - NOW!

Ok....now to make it a little easier on myself (and on some of you too of course), I started to surf on things I could actually make myself (as I live in a rather small town in Switzerland).
The first thing I think of is CUPCAKES! I really do love cupcakes.........
I found a recipe that I'm dying to try:
Carrot Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Icing (click the link to get to the recipe).
YUMMIE!

....and here presenting my breakfast for Saturday morning:
Blueberry pancakes! (click the link to get to the recipe).
My favourite breakfast....allthough I would surely skip the butter
and maple sirup on top and just go for more bluberries! I also prefer my breakfast to have more fibre, so I'd also switch the normal white flour to whole-grain ;)
I have a problem of eating sweet stuff before lunch.

With this, a cup of coffee and a wonderful fresh fruit smoothie (thank you my dear family for my smoothie-maker! I really use it =))

Melon Smoothie
1 1/2 cups seeded and chopped watermelon
1 1/2 cups seeded and chopped honeydew melon
A handful of fresh strawberries or raspberries
Juice of 2 limes
1 cup vanilla nonfat soy yogurt
1 cup ice cubes

Blend in a drink or smoothie mixer - Voilà!

Im not looking for the perfect ending - but I do want the best possible journey! Food is GOOD and not eating makes peoples brains slow and stupid... This is fact people!

Now I'm hungry...

Enjoy
xox
Linda - Hungry (and by the time you read this, probably lost in the flourescent light of her refridgerator) in Switzerland

1 comment:

  1. Åhhhhh Linda du måste komma hem SNART! Då får du GÄRNA ta med en skiva till mig som jag kan ha när jag åker till och från jobbet... Denna låt med Rob Thomas är ju bara så bra och så mycket Linda för mig! Kom hem och ät B&J:s med mig, hur mycket som helst och vilken smak du vill!!! Glöm inte att titta på IDOL nu på 4:ans hemsida... Saknar dig!
    KRAMAR

    ReplyDelete

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x