Sep 1, 2009

Movie recommendation - Little Miss Sunshine

Little Miss Sunshine (2006)
5/5

I first assumed that you have all seen this by now, but just in case..... I decided to post this movie recommendation!
This movie is in my top-3 ever (and in case you haven't figured it out yet.....I watch A LOT of movies ;))!

The dysfunctional Hoover family treks from Albuquerque to the Little Miss Sunshine pageant in Redondo Beach, California, to fulfill the deepest wish of 7-year-old Olive (Abigail Breslin), an ordinary little girl with big dreams.
Along the way the family must deal with crushed dreams, heartbreaks, and a broken-down VW bus, leading up to the surreal Little Miss Sunshine competition itself.
On their travels through this bizarre landscape, the Hoovers learn to trust and support each other along the path of life, no matter what the challenge.

This is such a wonderful WONDERFUL film!!!! I fell head-over-heels in love with it...
It is dramatic yet funny - a real heartwarmer!!!!!! I laughed 'til I cried and cried 'til I laughed =)
Great acting performances by the entire cast (Greg Kinnear, Alan Arkin, Toni Collette, Steve Carell, Paul Dano)...
Abigail Breslin is especially great and really deserved her Oscar nomination for best supporting actress!! Alan Arkin (playing the grandfather) won an Oscar for Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role. On top of this it won the Oscar for best writing and original screenplay and was nominated for Best Motion Picture of the Year!!!
....in other words - don't miss it ;o)

Watch the trailer:



....or read more here:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/little_miss_sunshine/

I hope you enjoy(ed) and please let me know what you thought..?

xox
Linda
Lost in Switzerland

2 comments:

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x