Aug 17, 2012

Triple movie luck

Wow......it's been a long time since I was lucky enough to watch three really good movies in a row. Lately, I feel like all the movies I've watched have been more or less a complete waste of time. Or maybe I just became very picky?! 
Well now finally it happened! Three great movies in a row and it makes me almost fear to watch another one as I'd like to stay on top of this wave =p

Three entirely different kinds of movies I would say.....and here are my short reviews.


The Deep Blue Sea (2012)
4/5

Anyone who has ever felt the immense power of emotional desperation or has experienced imbalances in a passionate, destructive relationship will completely get this one. It is a flawless interpretation of this and the longing for love....mutual and equal love that is. 

Rachel Weisz is absolutely amazing in her role as Hester, a woman trapped in a passionless marriage with an older man and who then meets the love of her life and enters into a passionate love affair with him.

This movie left me completely breathless at times and it's definitely one I shall not forget in a long time..... For those of you who have watched "Sylvia", I have to mention that there is a slight resemblance that I can't seem to overlook, but not in a bad way though. Especially since it's been on my "favorite movies list" for years ;)

Read more about it here: 
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_deep_blue_sea/

Watch the trailer:



The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (2012)
3.5/5

How do you want to spend your retirement? In a home full of strangers? In an apartment close to busy relatives, with alarm buttons and clinical and convenient interiors? Or would you rather spend it somewhere exotic and unexpected? Somewhere like.....India?
Well, these elderly people go for the third option, all though not all of them by choice or with great enthusiasm.....some are simply forced to got there as it's the cheaper option ;))

This is a charming, sweet and funny story of change, adaption, love and realization with a guaranteed heartwarming effect, featuring some truly fantastic actors such as the great Judi Dench, Bill Nighy and Maggie Smith.

Read more about it here:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_best_exotic_marigold_hotel_2012/

Watch the trailer:



The Five-Year Engagement (2012)
4/5

Probably the most unexpected of happy movie surprise lately was this romantic comedy starring Jason Segal and Emily Blunt. Most surprising was that I found it to be a profound love story as base, where the chemistry between Blunt and Segal feels very genuine.....and all though it has some dramatic moments and a story with some seriousness behind it, it is also filled with laugh-out-loud moments and a perfect sense of weird and awkwardness to the jokes that just at times almost touches the ceiling of what is an acceptable level and it avoids turning into one of those "over-the-top-Jim-Carrey-or-Adam-Sandler-kind-of-comedies", if you know what I mean ;)

Ever since I started watching "How I met your mother", Jason Segal has definitely become one of my new favorite comedy actors.
I absolutely loved and enjoyed every minute of this story!

Read more about it here:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_five_year_engagement/

Watch the trailer:

Hope you enjoy them! Let me know what you thought.....
Happy watching!!

xox

6 comments:

  1. I saw the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel some time ago and loved it, so sweet and kind of inspiring :) ..and the five year engagement actually seems quite funny! This almost-10-year-engagement girl says thanks for the recommendation :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? =)) I love the various characters!
      You should definitely try the 5-year engagement....and if you do, let me know what you think?
      =))))
      Hope everything is going well with the bump ;))
      x

      Delete
  2. åh tack. älskar alla dina film och musik tips. typ alltid.
    Kram.

    ReplyDelete

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x