Aug 14, 2012

Sweden holidays 2012 - Part 4: The annual Crayfish Party

Starting from August, it is a strong tradition in Sweden to eat Crayfish and to throw Crayfish parties. My family is no different and this year, we brought Danny and Caroline with us to mom's and Kalle's place to what could have been a potentially shocking experience for them: To meet my entire family all in one go! ....but besides Danny's headache later in the evening and my lumbago, everything went very smoothly and we had a great time =))

People starting to gather around
Chris got a present from my uncle Tomas.....
.....a Swedish childrens book (Plupp och älgen), so he can practice his Swedish ;))
Madde, me and Danny
For the first time, I am clearly winning the "who has the biggest belly competition" ;)) Hahahaaaa!

The kids were enjoying time in the pool
Tobbe and his cute daughter Thea
Me trying to convince my niece Cindy that she should try the pool....but she's not stupid...as you can see, she is checking the water temperature ;))
My brother and Cindy
Hot tub time!! (trust me, needed after the pool ;))
Chris and me
Chris trying on this rescue suit.....
......in the water! It worked btw! He floated ;))
Food time!! Fresh shrimps =p
...and the most essential part of the Crayfish dinner - The Crayfish!
Caroline and Danny
My uncle is always up to no good ;)) Here he's giving Chris and Danny some horrendously looking shot!
Let the eating begin!!
Boys talk
....another tradition in my family is the games that go along with our parties! Always arranged by my mom =))
Caroline and Danny against each other in the "soap shooting" game

Here my dad and my auntie are competing! The aim is to bounce the pencil on the rubber and make it land inside the cup! Not as easy as it may seem ;))
.....and Madde was the well deserved winner!!
Caroline vs. Paula in "Banana golf" ;))
xox



6 comments:

  1. what languages does chris speak? great photos by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lina! He speaks German, English, French and Chinese....and soon, hopefully, Swedish ;)) He definitely has a talent in this area and he already understands a lot. We speak mainly English together.
      x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Tack söta!! Hoppas allt är bra med dig och den lilla ;))
      x

      Delete
  3. I have to clarify one thing here: The book was meant for the little growing person in the belly ;) and not for me....at least that is what I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OK....whatever you say ;)) ...but I still think it is for both of you! Heheee!!! Puss

      Delete

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x