Aug 13, 2012

Sweden holidays 2012 - Part 3: The fishing trip

Here below, photos from our full day fishing trip in "Riddarhyttan" with my dad, his wife and my brother. Riddarhyttan is a small place, near Skinnskatteberg, roughly 180km's North west of Stockholm with three small, black lakes where your biggest hope is catching Rainbow trouts ;p Our luck during the day? One caught......and my brother was the lucky fisherman! It should be mentioned though that Caroline also got one! ....or well, at least the taste of getting one, but unfortunately she lost it before it had been unhooked. 

Chris and I mainly got parts of the lake bottom on our hooks and both of us also went in to the lake pull out fishing lures, stuck in water plants or at the lake bottom.
Amazingly beautiful forests surround these little black lakes, making them feel magical.....
My first throws of the day from this little pier. This is while I was still able to stand up.....
A penny for an actual speech bubble to this picture?  =)))
Gorgeous water lily!
Danny and Caroline, trying their luck fishing for the first time =))
I went in to unhook Danny's lure. 30 minutes later, I saw a water snake. If I would have known..........that lure would still be stuck in that water lily.
Dad and Chris, working on Chris's throwing technique maybe? ;)
Caroline, getting the hang of it very quickly
Tony (my brother) and Chris
....as I had to lie down angling almost the whole day, I had lots of time to snap photos while just sporadically watching my float =p
Sunshine!
Chris's turn to go in to pull out a lure =)))
Still no luck, but still lots of enjoyment! Love fishing.....it's a kind of meditation for me.
Danny, still hoping today will be the day.....
After half the day, my back couldn't carry me anymore, so here I'm trying a new style of fishing:
"The laying down angling" ;))
My brother with his catch!!
Same fish, the next day.....hot smoked and delicious!
xox

2 comments:

  1. All your photos paint a beautiful canvas of Sweden. Makes me wish we had made the effort to go check it out while we were living in Lausanne, especially in summer. Beautiful light and colour. Best wishes Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey lady!! I just found your cute blog via a friends, and I'm your newest follower! I'd also love to invite you to check out a fabulous Triple Giveaway I'm having right now!!

    Hope to see you there! And thanks so much!
    xo

    http://emilymmeyers.blogspot.com/2012/08/triple-winner-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x