Aug 19, 2010

Happy (Belated) Blog Birthday!

Here I am, thinking I am getting quite used to this thing called blogging and almost missed one of the most common posts that bloggers do.......namely: Celebrate the birthday of ones blog!!!


To align to tradition, here is a reflection of my first year as a blogger.....the past year in review if you will:

Blog Birthday: August 7th 2009
Number of posts: 156
The first post:
The most revealing post:
http://linda-lostinswitzerland.blogspot.com/2009/08/dear-diary.html
My favourite post (simply because it describes the feeling of really being "Lost in Switzerland")
http://linda-lostinswitzerland.blogspot.com/2010/05/borta-bra-men-hemma-bast.html


Since I started this blog, I have
Managed to settle down in Switzerland (all though still feeling pretty lost from time to time ;))
Privately travelled to Sweden (many times), Tuscany, Venice, Como (twice), Cannes, Poland, London, Birmingham, Brussels, Germany (diffrent locations), Paris (a few times), Amsterdam, Rotterdam etc.....
Met Paulo Coelho for dinner after this post: http://linda-lostinswitzerland.blogspot.com/2009/12/in-my-comfort-zone.html
Had 2 photos chosen for an online travel-guide:
http://linda-lostinswitzerland.blogspot.com/2009/12/i-have-been-schmapped.html
Got "accidentally" promoted at work
http://linda-lostinswitzerland.blogspot.com/2009/09/happiness.html
Cried in the office 
Started a Facebook fan page for this blog and now have 155 fans


On top of all these things related to my blog, I went from having almost constant back pain, to finally getting the right diagnosis, got a lot  better and am now playing soccer again for the first time in 10 years! I've also tried ice skating again and jumped off a bridge into the Rhein =))
I became an auntie and a Godmother!!!! 
I have met some really nice people! I have laughed, cried, screamed, jumped and danced! I have learned so much about myself, about other people and most importantly, about life. I have been happy, sad, confused, heartbroken, lonely, in love, overwhelmed and disappointed.......and sometimes all at the same time!


....and last but certainly not least, I have Found Love 


In other words, it has been an amazing year!!
Thanks to all of you who have been following and reading my blog! It's been a pleasure!


xox




3 comments:

  1. Congrats on all your accomplishments Linda, I look forward to future post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME! happy happy blog birthday!!! woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys!!!! I can't believe how fast one year went by.... =)))
    xox

    ReplyDelete

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x