May 29, 2010

"Borta bra men hemma bäst"

It's now been nearly two years since I moved away from Sweden, and all though it's normally quite easy for me to adapt, to stay positive and think ahead, some days this is really, really truly difficult.

If someone would ask me if I ever regret moving - there is no way I'd ever say yes!!
What is there to regret? I love living abroad!!
I love this feeling of complete independence!!
It toughens you up and makes you a stronger person. It gives you the feeling that you are in complete control of your own destiny and that YOU, and no one else, is at the steering-wheel
- windows down, full speed on open roads, stereo-blasting with your favourite music, wind in your hair!! A daily dosage of light adrenaline hitting you in a slow, steady stream.

....but then, there are times, not often, but like right this minutes, when this indepencece can also switch over to complete and utter loneliness (borderline style) and when it does - a wave of sadness so intense and so powerful washes over you and in that moment it is as if you realise exactly how small you are in this world. You don't stand a chance.....
All you can do is just close your eyes and let it pass by....because just like fear of the dark or the anticipation just before getting a shot at the doctors-office, you know that eventually, probably almost instantly or at LEAST shortly it will all pass by and you will again be back in that drivers-seat! Smiling...looking into that rear-view mirror thankful for all the things you've seen, feeling happy for and somewhat proud of yourself for daring to jump!

To all my wonderful friends and family back home: I miss you Always.....


xox
Linda - Lost in Switzerland, feeling a liiiiittle bit home-sick...after all, I'm only human ;))

3 comments:

  1. Hi Linda
    Stumbled on your blog by Michael Bier.

    Nice song. Moved to Paris (like int the song) and am pretty happy but I know how you feel. Take care.

    Roger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Roger
    Thanks for stopping by =) Funny to hear how you found your way to my little corner here in cyber-space!
    Am also very happy here but just like most of us, I also have downs.....like yesterday!
    You also take care and enjoy Paris!! Such a beautiful city!
    Hope to "see" you again soon.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that song really much! I can not imagine what it must be like to live at a distance from the people you love but I can imagine it is not easy. I like your blog! '
    Take care / Sonia

    ReplyDelete

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x