May 21, 2010

A long weekend, a wedding and high hopes for better weather...

Toooodleeedoooo!

Weekend, a long one, just around the corner (well, actually for me it already begun this morning)!

The plans: Relaxation, picnics, a wedding, shopping and hopefully a few good movies...
The weather: Still really bad here, but I'm feeling hopeful! The weather forecast says 21 degrees and sunny tomorrow with 90% certainty ;)
The mood: Quite awesome actually!

I decided to take the day off today....... Why? Just because!! Sometimes I have the feeling that there is never ever enough time to do what I really want to do, which is simply relax. So today, I slept in until almost 10, had a late and long breakfast while watching Greys Anatomy and just plan to spend the rest of the day taking care of myself. Blogging, shopping, some kind of massage or facial-treatment, gym and/or a long walk is on my to-do list today, but nothing is forced....no musts!

The weather has been ridiculously bad here in Switzerland lately but I have high hopes for the weekend!! Seriously! I have been freezing like a shaved polar-bear!! BUT now I'm hearing 24 degrees towards Sunday/Monday and all I can say is WELCOME MARVELLOUS RAYS OF SUNSHINE!!!
For the Swedes reading this, I know you are better off!! Yes, I have been reading your blogs, Tweets and Facebook updates with words like "incredible heat", "sunshine", "tanning", "BBQ" and even "sweat" (yes!) etc etc and have felt such an envious kind of joy.....if you know what I mean ;) Well.....good things come to those who wait with patience I hear and I am very well trained in being patient........and I do agree to 99% with John Ruskin:

“Sunshine is delicious, rain is refreshing, wind braces us up, snow is exhilarating; there is really no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.”

So on to the wedding..... Yes, my boyfriends friends (gotta love these way of describing relations....is there really no easier way than "my friends dads friends cousin" etc? I'm asking for help here ;)) wedding party is tomorrow! Shirts have to be ironed, dresses need to be matched with shoes, bags and ties, inventory levels of rightly-coloured-make-up needs checking, nails need to be groomed and painted, hair-styling thoughts need to take form and and and etc etc etc..........if you are a girl, you are very likely to know EXACTLY what I'm talking about. If you are a guy, you are more likely to shake your head and think things like "Oh for F's sake!" or "I'm so happy I'm a man" or maybe even "Eeek!" and all I can say is "I hear ya!".
...but what can I say?? I'm actually comfortable in the girlie-girl-stereo-type.....not because I have to, but because I want to.......... Don't knock it till you try it!

Anyway, that's round-about what's happening over here at the moment!!
Hope you have amazing plans for the weekend or if you don't, that you make the most of that potential opportunity for resting and regain some energy.

xox
Linda - Lost in a pile of thoughts related to shoes, bags and dresses and getting VERY close to the final choice ;)

Ps. I'm also starting to plan some posts as suggested by you in the latest give-away competition, so keep checking....

1 comment:

  1. Hope there will be photos from the wedding??

    ReplyDelete

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x