Jan 27, 2010

Sweet & Sour

...no, not the Chinese sauce, I am actually referring to my 2010 so far!!

Life is really funny in that way, don't you think? One door opens, another one closes.... After rain - you'll have sunshine.... You win one and loose another!

My January, plans and actuals, summarized in sweet or sour:

Sour
- Heart-ache (filtered!)
- The tragedy in Haiti!!!!!
- Enormous bill recieved for the delayed import of my car (Scheisse as the Swiss/Germans would say!!)
- My planned trip to the Dominican republic was cancelled
- Was called up for the lottery to get David Letterman tickets, but missed the call!!! ....and they don't call back if you miss it =(


Sweet
- I had the pleasure of having dinner with Paulo Coelho this past Sunday (Yes! The world-famous writer....)!!
- Confirmed trip to New york with a friend in February and I am ridiculously excited about it!
- Spent half of yesterday in a wonderful day-SPA in Zurich!! Am so happy I found it and will definately go back soon!
- Jewel sent me a tweet!! This makes me childishly happy! ...pathetic? Maybe.....but I'm still happy about it!
- My back is finally getting better! ...am even considering signing up for a year at the gym!
- Going to Disneyland in Paris in mid-February aswell (for work, but anyway!)
- I finally found the black knee-high leather boots which I have been desperately seeking for years and they are lovely!!
- Going to Toggenburg for a couple of days at the end of February

....and last but certainly not least in the "sweet-category", I just received an award for my blog!!
(Thank you Emma from "Om en tjej"!!!)

This award comes with some instructions:
1. Copy the award to your blog
2. Link to the person who gave you this award
3. Write 7 interesting facts about yourself
4. Pass this award on to 7 other blogs
5. Link to these 7 blogs and inform these bloggers about the award they just recieved

As it is a little difficult for me to know what you'd find interesting, I will just mention whatever comes to my mind ;)

* I LOVE SINGING!! In fact, whenever I'm alone, I sing all the time ;)
* I work at Unilever as the European category planning manager for tea (brands like Lipton, PG tips, Beseda, Saga etc.)
* I have a thing, a soft-spot you could say, for Jane Austen books/movies!!
* It is incredibly difficult to make me angry - but once you manage, it is almost impossible for me to get back!
* I am a sponge when it comes to remembering lyrics to songs....doesn't matter if I like them or not ;)
* Making people happy makes me happier than anything else!
* I am obsessed with cupcakes!!


I hope you are enjoying 2010 so far and that your lives are SWEET - not sour!! I'm hoping mine will be more in the style of "Sweet Chili" going forward!! Isn't that what life should be like? Sweet and a little spicy ;) As Abraham Lincoln once so wisely said: "...and in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"......these are words worth remembering and living by ;)

Hope to see you back here soon!
xox
Linda - Lost in Switzerland

5 comments:

  1. Hörrududu, vilken bra blog du skriver! Jag har inte läst den förut, och nu skulle jag egentligen ha gått och lagt mig för en halvtimme sen, men kunde inte sluta läsa. Good job girlfriend!

    //Johanna Turner :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Frida: Varsågod =)
    Johanna: Tusen tack! Vad kul att du kikade in ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You met Paulo Coelho????? WOW!
    x
    Eve

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also curious about the Paulo Coelho thingy :)
    He meets people just for dinner?

    ReplyDelete

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x