Life is really funny in that way, don't you think? One door opens, another one closes.... After rain - you'll have sunshine.... You win one and loose another!
My January, plans and actuals, summarized in sweet or sour:
- Heart-ache (filtered!)
- The tragedy in Haiti!!!!!
- Enormous bill recieved for the delayed import of my car (Scheisse as the Swiss/Germans would say!!)
- My planned trip to the Dominican republic was cancelled
- Was called up for the lottery to get David Letterman tickets, but missed the call!!! ....and they don't call back if you miss it =(
- I had the pleasure of having dinner with Paulo Coelho this past Sunday (Yes! The world-famous writer....)!!
- Confirmed trip to New york with a friend in February and I am ridiculously excited about it!
- Spent half of yesterday in a wonderful day-SPA in Zurich!! Am so happy I found it and will definately go back soon!
- Jewel sent me a tweet!! This makes me childishly happy! ...pathetic? Maybe.....but I'm still happy about it!
- My back is finally getting better! ...am even considering signing up for a year at the gym!
- Going to Disneyland in Paris in mid-February aswell (for work, but anyway!)
- Fell in love with John Mayers latest album "Battle studies"!!
- I finally found the black knee-high leather boots which I have been desperately seeking for years and they are lovely!!
- Going to Toggenburg for a couple of days at the end of February
....and last but certainly not least in the "sweet-category", I just received an award for my blog!!
(Thank you Emma from "Om en tjej"!!!)
This award comes with some instructions:
1. Copy the award to your blog
2. Link to the person who gave you this award
3. Write 7 interesting facts about yourself
4. Pass this award on to 7 other blogs
5. Link to these 7 blogs and inform these bloggers about the award they just recieved
As it is a little difficult for me to know what you'd find interesting, I will just mention whatever comes to my mind ;)
* I LOVE SINGING!! In fact, whenever I'm alone, I sing all the time ;)
* I work at Unilever as the European category planning manager for tea (brands like Lipton, PG tips, Beseda, Saga etc.)
* I have a thing, a soft-spot you could say, for Jane Austen books/movies!!
* It is incredibly difficult to make me angry - but once you manage, it is almost impossible for me to get back!
* I am a sponge when it comes to remembering lyrics to songs....doesn't matter if I like them or not ;)
* Making people happy makes me happier than anything else!
* I am obsessed with cupcakes!!
I am passing this award onto: Ella inspired, Fraidi, Leonore, the tea drinking english rose, Vegan goodies, More magic always & Here and there.
I hope you are enjoying 2010 so far and that your lives are SWEET - not sour!! I'm hoping mine will be more in the style of "Sweet Chili" going forward!! Isn't that what life should be like? Sweet and a little spicy ;) As Abraham Lincoln once so wisely said: "...and in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years"......these are words worth remembering and living by ;)
Hope to see you back here soon!
Linda - Lost in Switzerland