Jan 19, 2010

Movie recommendations - Top 10 dramas

"A film is, or should be, more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later."
Stanley Kubrick

Dear fellow movie-lovers!!
So, I have decided to start listing my favourite movies, a far from easy task, and the first genre in this series will be my favourite genre: DRAMA.

I have a thing, a soft-spot you could say, for dramas..... People sometimes wonder how I can like heart and soul wrenching movies so much. The answer is simple, it makes me feel alive and at the same time it makes me feel more grateful and fortunate - a reminder that I can not get too often. Having that said may help you understand why these dramas are in my top-10 list ;)
I have chosen these movies based on the feeling I had when I first saw them as I feel it is the only fare way to rate.... (click the title to be redirected to the trailers)

1. House of sand and fog (2003)
4. The Fountain (2006)
5. Sylvia (2003)
10. The hours (2002)

)

A good-intended warning: The above movies will not make you feel good......but I would be very surprised it they don't make you feel at all!!
If you have already watched these or do decide to watch these - please let me know what you think?

xox
Linda - A "movie-watch-o-holic", Lost in Switzerland

1 comment:

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x