Nov 19, 2012

Monday.....recovery day

It's Monday and both baby and mommy are exhausted after spending a family weekend in Zurich and Schaffhausen where we have introduced her to most of her Swiss relatives.  An absolutely lovely weekend, in so many ways, but all those new impressions (faces, places, voices and smells) was a bit too much for our little one to handle and on the way home yesterday, (as correctly predicted by Chris's youngest sister ;), she was inconsolable......beyond recognition actually....and it was an absolutely heartbreaking experience. Especially since it happened in the car and we couldn't find any place to stop on the highway, so she had to stay in her car seat and there was no way for me to take her out and hold her. When we finally came home, after we gave her a nice, warm bath, an oil baby massage and a feeding session, she fell asleep in my arms and we could finally exhale and close our eyelids. Oh my....how do you ever get used to your baby crying like that?!

Now it's Monday, our recovery day, and Allison is sleeping quietly next to me in her little baby basket and I'm sitting here in the sofa, with a cup of coffee that is way too weak to even begin to wake me up, listening to Lucy Rose's "new" album "Like I used to" and trying to shake off yesterdays unfortunate bad ending by dreaming about having a house....preferably one in New England style....with a lawn, big enough for her to play on when she starts walking and a little garden where she can plant and take care of her own vegetables when she is old enough to carry her own little watering can. Places and interiors like these:










Right.......that's enough dreaming.....time to get some sunshine ;))
Enjoy your week(s)!

xox

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for a marvelous posting! I actually enjoyed reading it, you will be a great author.

    I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will come back later on.
    I want to encourage you to ultimately continue your great work,
    have a nice day!
    My web site : golden virginia tobacco

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a wonderful house! Ahhh, daydreaming, isnt it the best :D
    I just found your blog, I used to live in Bern for 4 years and I really enjoy reading swiss blogs! :) I hope you and the little one are doing great!
    Liebe Gruesse, Kristina

    ReplyDelete

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x