Aug 2, 2011

Ooops! I did it again....

Fellow Cupcake Lovers,
Have you ever found yourself un-deliberately baking Cupcakes? I mean....just very spontaneously? That's what I just did. Like one minute I was working....the next minute I had shut down for the day and 30 minutes later I had a full rack of Cupcakes in front of me, ready for cooling and decorating. The recipe was also quite spontaneous, just using what I had at home and the great thing is I used the same batter and the same frosting base and then after split into two flavors..... Easy-cheesy and very good taste and texture!!
Here is the result and the recipe.


Vanilla Cupcake
Ingredients: 
Vanilla Cupcakes
250g butter (chopped)
1 cup white sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla powder
2 ¼ cups white flour
¾ cup milk

1 tablespoon milk


Nutella and Pistachio Cupcakes
Nutella and Pistachio Cupcake
Same recipe as above, but add Nutella and chopped pistachios to the batter and stir properly.

Ingredients: 
Cream Cheese Frosting
100g cream cheese
60g butter (room temperatured)
5 dl's of powder sugar
1 tablespoon of lemon juice
2 teaspoons of vanilla powder  
Food coloring of your choice and amount
Sprinkles or other decorations of your own choice

Directions:
Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Place the cupcake liners on the baking tray 
(this recipe made roughly 16 Cupcakes). Beat the butter and sugar together in a large bowl, using an electric mixer, until pale and creamy.
Add the eggs, one at a time and also beat in the vanilla and milk. 
Lightly fold the flour into the creamy mixture and then add the baking powder.
Put the batter in the liners gently. I would say filled to half makes a good size.
Bake in the lower part of the owen for around 20 minutes and then place them on a wire rack to cool for about 1 hour.
Once your cupcakes are cooled down, you can start the decoration. I used red food coloring for the vanilla cupcakes and used small, round, multi-colored sprinkles as decoration. For the Nutella and Pistachio ones, I used the base frosting recipe above without any additions or color and sprinkled with chopped pistachios.
Enjoy!!!

xox

1 comment:

  1. How much Nutella and pistachios would you mix in to the batter? I made these once, and they were delicious. But I can't remember how much I added!

    ♥Emma, of It's Emma Elise
    eetilton[at]gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x