Apr 17, 2012

Une petite update

Currently, I'm........
Happy about: So many things.....but the most obvious one, standing out of the crowd if you will, is being (14 week's) pregnant (and finally starting to feel better!! Honestly, the first trimester was not entirely painless due to all the (morning)sickness). 
Disappointed about: Frankly speaking, nothing important.

Thinking about: The future...a lot! Which I think is normal considering the life transition that we are going through! All fantastic stuff though.
Listening to: Especially these tracks:



Worrying about: If the flight companies will allow me to fly at the end of July when we plan to go to Sweden for 2 weeks of holiday......and the fact that if the answer is "No!", we will have to go by train =o/
Looking forward to: Going to a wedding in Lucerne this weekend! I love weddings as they're always so filled of happy people and hopes for the future =) Am also really looking forward to all the wonderful visits we will have this spring and summer!!
Watching: I've started to watch ABC's "Once upon a time". It was not a "love at first sight kind of thing"....but it grew on me quickly and now I can't wait for the next episode!!
Wondering: If I'm the only one playing around in their heads with musical lyrics? I recently destroyed Coldplay's "Paradise", a song that I love, doing exactly that. Now all I hear is "Parrot, parrot, parrot eyes" (sorry, but this curse was just too heavy for me to carry on my own ;)).
Planning: How to fix up and decorate our balcony for spring! So far, we haven't had time nor the weather for such things and I am really looking forward to start BBQ season out there. Spring, bring it ON!!
Feeling: Really good, happy and excited about the future, but on the downside, more tired than under "normal" circumstances ;))
Inspired by: People who can manage it all...and there seem to be many out there. When I say "manage it all", I mean people who can juggle a career, family life, a healthy lifestyle including regular fitness activities AND healthy foods and on top of this, maintain their beloved friendships. Now if that's not inspiring, I don't know what is.
One of the many beautiful views during this evenings run...
Thankful for: Having such amazing friends and family (extended family included!!!) who are always so supportive and loving!! Am also truly thankful for having found a great friend here in the area (actually, she's even my next door office colleague =))! Without her, my days would not be even a tenth as fun as they currently are!
Wanting: Spring to really kick off properly!! It was well on it's way and then came the snow.....such a sneaky and unexpected visit ;)) I want picnics, BBQ's, walks in nature and fun in the sun!! Today the sun was finally shining again, making me enjoy this evenings run more than normally. 

xox

18 comments:

  1. WoW, GRATTIS!!!! Hade det på känn!! :)
    Vilken resa ni gjorde, fantastiska bilder! Helt rätt också att passa på nu innan bebisen, det ska man göra! :)
    KRAM!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen tack Emma!!! Haha!
      Ja, vi kande verligen att vi ville ta en resa bara vi tva innan allt andras.....
      KRAM!

      Delete
  2. oooooo!!! men grattis!! sooo happy for you!
    And no matter how much you think you can imagine.. you have NO idea how WONDERFUL it will be!!
    <3<3 ta hand om dig!
    KRAM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hihi! Thanks sweetie!!! This is what everyone keeps telling us, so we believe it =))
      Kram!!!

      Delete
  3. Stort grattis Linda, är SÅ glad för din skull! All lycka till Er :)
    Kram
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaaahhhh tack Sue!!!! Det varmer!!! =))))
      Kram!

      Delete
  4. That is amazing, Linda, I am so happy for you, congratulations!

    Also, congrats on finding a great friend - that's possibly the hardest part about being an expat, the fact that we have to leave our good friends behind. It's really great when you find someone you connect... nearby :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merciiiiii!!! Delirious is the word!! =)))
      ...and yes, you're right! Finding friends is not as easy as when younger.... Partially it's because you are more picky and also because, well at least for me, I don't hang in places where I would just bump in to someone and start to chat....not really.
      xo

      Delete
  5. Stort grattis!!! Vad roligt! :) X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack Carin!! Ja, jatte skoj!! ...och lite nervost saklart =))
      Needless to say, mitt eget springade ar INTE pa samma niva som i vintras....
      x

      Delete
  6. Wooow, congratulations, I'm happy for you! You'll have to share your experiences about expecting/having a baby here in Switzerland, since hopefully I will go through the same things here in Geneva very soon!
    Kisses to you both!
    Sylvie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sylvie, thanks so much!!! =))) I'd be more than happy to share my experiences with you. Not sure I will share a lot here on the blog though.... I hope that you'll be on the same journey soon! For sure it's a very exciting one! x

      Delete
  7. Jag är såååååå glad för din skull vännen, vilka fantastiska nyheter! Stort GRATTIS, tänk vilket äventyr ni har framför er. Hoppas du kan börja njuta ordentligt nu när illamåendet börjar ge med sig. Massa kramar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tusen tack Katja!!! Vi har ju en pagaende e-mail konversation pa sidna om, sa jag sparar orden till den ;)) KRAM!!!

      Delete
  8. Hi Linda! Happy to have found my way to your lovely blog! I live in Lausanne and it's always great to find other blogs in English from the area :-) Congratulations for your pregnancy! Like Sylvie, I'm looking forward to reading posts about having a baby in Switzerland! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Piretta! So happy you stopped by! Thanks so much for your kind words =))
    I will check out yours later today when I have some more time.
    Hope to see you here again soon!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Åh vad roligt! GRATTIS GRATTIS GRATTIS!! Och ett extra grattis till att dom första 14 veckorna har passerat, dom är ju inte så jättekul, först blev jag så himla glad, men sen blev jag orolig att nåt skulle hända, och så mådde jag illa! Men nu blir det bara bättre och bättre! Dessutom börjar du säkert få en liten fin mage istället för att bara se lite lönnfet ut, eller hur :) Ska ni ta reda på vad det är?

    Hur är det med föräldraledigheten over there?

    Igen - GUD VA ROLIGT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha haaaaa tuuuusen tack!!! Ja jo.....visst borjar jag fa en mage, men tycker fortfarande att jag mest ser lonnfet ut =))) Den 8:e maj ska vi forhoppningsvis fa reda pa vad det blir for nagot.....vi ar for nyfikna for att inte veta om det alternativet finns =) Daremot kan vi inte dela med oss av det har da vi har nagra i slakten som inte vill veta forran efter fodseln.... x

      Delete

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x