Feb 2, 2010

I wish...I wish...

I wish spring was here!!
I have loved this winter and all its snowy glory - but now all I can think of is spring......
I wish the life hiding under the snow-covered grounds would finally reveal itself!
There is something special about spring and I love the way it represents new beginnings, how it makes the world bloom again and how it ignites that little flame in peoples hearts that makes them smile for no appearant reason!!

....so spring, if you are listening - Pleeeeeaaaase come out??
I don't know about the rest of you, but I, for sure, need you!!

"O, wind, if winter comes, can spring be far behind?!"
Percy Bysshe Shelley

“Spring is nature's way of saying, "Let's party!"”
Robin Williams

“In the spring, at the end of the day, you should smell like dirt.”
Margaret Atwood

"The day the Lord created hope was probably the same day he created Spring."
Bern Williams

"First a howling blizzard woke us,
Then the rain came down to soak us,
And now before the eye can focus -
Crocus."
Lilja Rogers

“Spring is when you feel like whistling even with a shoe full of slush.”
Doug Larson

"In springtime, love is carried on the breeze.
Watch out for flying passion or kisses whizzing by your head."
Emma Racine deFleur

Awake, thou wintry earth -
Fling off thy sadness!
Fair vernal flowers, laugh forth
Your ancient gladness!
Thomas Blackburn
"An Easter Hymn"

I hope you are all feeling great!!
The only thing left for me to say (write) in this post is just like E. Marshall in "Spring Thought":
"Out with the cold, in with the WOO!!"

xox
Linda - Lost in Switzerland, eagerly awaiting SPRING!

2 comments:

  1. Awwwhhh beautiful post, love love love spring! Can't wait :o) A new beginning is what both of us need... this is going to be a great year, I'm sure! Love you sweety ♥ Puusss

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful words and images!
    A visual feast.
    x
    Eve

    ReplyDelete

I read and treasure all your comments..... Thank you for taking the time! x